This patch adds variables for verticle and horizontal space between the statusbar and the edge of the screen; unlike statuspadding, which adds padding between the bar's content and the edge of the bar. This patch adds two new variables (both default to 10) to config.def.h:
vertpad(amount of vertical padding)
sidepad(amount of padding either side of the bar)
Compatible with both top and bottom bars as well as the togglebar function.
Please note the following:
- Modifies config.def.h, not config.h. You may need to add
rm config.hto the 'clean' targets in the Makefile.
- Does not add padding between the statusbar and the window clients. This is so that if you apply the fullgaps patch or similar, there will be equal space between the windows/screen edge and windows/bar.
- May need
resizehintsto be set to 0 to make the patch look proper, especially if your bar is on the bottom. Modify the 'resizehints' variable in config.def.h.
- dwm-barpadding-6.2.diff (2019-12-10)
- dwm-barpadding-20200720-bb2e722.diff (2020-07-20)
- dwm-barpadding-20211020-a786211.diff (2021-10-20)
- Alex Cole
- Pavel Oborin email@example.com (20200720-bb2e722 port)