integrated status text
Allows dwm to handle the text by itself This is a dwmblocks integration into dwm itself. You can update the blocks only with signals of with mouseclicks. The 'interval' value does nothing and is meant to be there to 're-use' on future patches. You can checkout my build with more features like 'async' updates https://codeberg.org/explosion-mental/Dwm, which is were I'm extracting this patch, if you want a much better experience.
What you need to know:
- This patch makes dwm sets a enviromental variable with the PID of itself to
be more 'friendly'. With this you can do
kill -35 $STATUSBAR, which updates block with signal 1 (34 + signal of the block)
- Other way to update a block is inside dwm itself, with the
updateblockfunction. It accepts an unsigned int (non negative) number which value indicates the signal of the block you want to update.
- Mouse clicks are handled with
sendstatusbar(a mouse function only!) which accepts the value that you want to pass to the block command as a 'variable' called
BLOCK_BUTTON, which should be handled in the script (block command)
- Since this uses real time signals to handle the updates, shouldn't work in openbsd, but I could be wrong.
- explosion-mental - email@example.com