A group of functions that shift. Inspired by
focusadjacenttag and swaptags. There is also a
version compatible with the
scratchpads patch with only needs you to include the file
#include "shift-tools-scratchpads.c" before the keys array.
- shifttag - moves the current selected client to the adjacent tag.
- shifttagclients moves the current selected client to the adjacent tag that has at least one client, if none it acts as shifttag.
- shiftview view adjacent tag.
- shiftviewclients view the closes tag that has a client. If none acts as shiftview.
- shiftboth shifttag and shiftview. Basically moves the window to the next/prev tag and follows it.
- shiftswaptags - its a shift implementation on the swaptags function, which in short 'swaps tags' (swaps all clients with the clients on the adjacent tag). A pretty useful example of this is chosing a tag empty and sending all your clients to that tag.
- swapfunction - used on shiftswaptags, original code on swaptags.
Remember that these functions shift, which means you can go from tag 1 to 9 or 9 to 1. Also remember that the default argument is 1/-1 and you can change it.
- explosion-mental - firstname.lastname@example.org