A group of functions that shift. Inspired by shiftview, focusadjacenttag and swaptags.
Usually you just
#include "shift-tools.c" before the
keys array to use
these function, since no internal changes are needed other than to add the
There is also a version compatible with the
Whenever I say
next/prev I'm describing the function with argument
default and generally what you will use. Changing these do make a difference on
how many tags the function should
- shifttag - send a window to the next/prev tag.
- shifttagclients - send a window to the next/prev tag that has a client, else it moves it to the next/prev one.
- shiftview - view the next/prev tag.
- shiftviewclients - view the next/prev tag that has a client, else view the next/prev tag.
- shiftboth - move the active window to the next/prev tag and view it's new tag.
shiftswaptags - swaps "tags" (all the clients on it) with the next/prev tag.
* **swaptags** - used on shiftswaptags, original code on [swaptags](../swaptags). * **shift** - shift bits in acordance to the LENGTH of the `tags`.
Remember that these functions shift, which means you can go from tag 1 (the first tag) to 9 (or whatever is your last tag).
- explosion-mental - email@example.com